Monday, January 4, 2010

Snow Day!!




I started Christmas break with all kinds of lofty ambitions to get my grading finished early and to work ahead for the semester.




Ummm...yeah, right.

So, naturally (as some could attest to), I was up until midnight scrambling to get things together for the first day of 2nd semester. Even though it had been snowing all day, there was no news on whether school would be cancelled. How frustrating.

But after stumbling out of bed well before sunrise, the good news came: NO SCHOOL! It's funny how a snow day is as exciting for the teachers as it is for the students.

Now my schoolwork is [sufficiently] complete, dishes are done, house is in decent shape, and it's barely 8 o'clock.

It's going to be a good day.


1 comment:

  1. Me too! Except that I got the news early enough that I didn't stay up late working on getting ready for school. I just stayed up. We're out tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete